Hi guys, I finally finished the heavy work that was planned to do before start with the development of the stuffs listed into the last post. I revisited and commented most of the kernel and libraries code. So:
- Rewrited all the commands and added a new one: ntf: to send a notification to the desktop and show a graphics popup on the screen, like the UItweak.
- Removed the EvaQuery interface, in favor of separate calls:
uint32_t GetThreadCount(); uint32_t GetThreadCountT(ThreadType type); uint32_t GetThreadTids(Tid *buffer, uint32_t length); uint32_t GetThreadTidsT(Tid *buffer, uint32_t length, ThreadType type); uint8_t GetThreadDescriptor(Tid id, ThreadDescriptor *descriptor); uint32_t GetProcessCount(); uint32_t GetProcessPids(Pid *buffer, uint32_t length); uint8_t GetProcessDescriptor(Pid id, ProcessDescriptor *descriptor); uint32_t GetPciDeviceCount(); uint8_t GetPciDevice(uint32_t position, PciDeviceHeader *header);
- Now the window server is considered a server, so it has been moved to /sys/eva/server and its dependency files (backgrounds, cursors, etc …) have been moved to /cfg/gui/.
- Added getopt to the C library
- Added IPCstream to the utils library
- Removed the FileKernelLog interface
- Lot of other minor things, check the diffs on GitHub
I know there are lot of new bugs that are caused by the window server (I don’t waste any more time because i still rewriting a new one) and by the ramdisk driver which cause memory corruptions (in next versions his use will be reduced in favor of the ISO9660 fs). For this update I decided to avoid to post a new iso, too much unstable.